"Problems that have to be solved [or at the very least considered] include
- How to abstract away browser detection from each page in the application
- How to efficiently manage the number of connections to the server created by the client given the "chattiness" of AJAX applications compared to traditional web applications
- How to reduce the amount of time spent downloading large script files
- How to create permalinks to portions of the application
- How to preserve or at least simulate the behavior of the browser's 'Back' button"
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Moving Beyond the Basics: Scott Isaacs on AJAX Design Patterns: