Monday, November 07, 2005

What do you call things like Flickr, Microsoft Gadgets, Google Maps, Amazon Affiliate parts?:
What do you think? What do you call them when you’re telling other Web developers about these objects? In fact, calling them Internet Connected Objects makes sense too (and there’s even fewer hits on Google and MSN for a search on that).

By the way, anyone have a directory of ICC’s?

(Via Scobleizer - Microsoft Geek Blogger.)

I'll go with ICC's. What I'd like to see though is tools to make it easier to make these ICC's. And Cross framework ICC creation. An ICC that will work on the OS X dashboard, konfabulator, Microsoft Live, Vista sidebar, KDE/Gnome desktops... That way I can keep track of the weather (it gets chilly all of a sudden here in Austin, TX), when its time to pray, or system stats, like network usage and such.

Check out Widgetarium is an IDE for creating Dashboard Widgets.

I wonder if Microsoft will release/work on a tool like that? There was a rumour that Apple was working on an IDE as well, but I can't seem to find the link.

I think its funny that Robert Scoble suggest a new Acronym on the same day as Jon Udell writes about the Acronym Finder!

Mozilla and hypocrisy

Right, but what about the experiences that Mozilla chooses to default for users like switching to  Yahoo and making that the default upon ...